Colourpop always manages to put out AMAZING new products and collections at affordable prices. The Lux Lipsticks have received high reviews from bloggers and gurus alike, plus they come in super cute rose-gold packaging that lives up to the formula’s name. Recently, Colourpop ran a promotion for Buy 2, Get 1 Free Lux Lipsticks. Let’s just say I took advantage of the opportunity and picked up 6; some are new shades from the Matte Lux formula range and some are from the original Cream formula line.
For $7USD a pop, you truly cannot beat the high quality formula for these products. Most drugstore bullet lipsticks will run you the same cost and are extremely hit or miss. I decided to choose some fun shades, some bright summer colors, and a classic everyday color to add into my rotation.
Before I go into the try-on lip swatches, I’ll run through my thoughts on the lipsticks very quickly.
- The formula for both the Matte and Cream lines is so creamy, pigmented, and nourishing.
- All 6 of the shades I picked up were full-pigment and could reach high opacity in one swipe.
- The packaging feels nicer than the usual Colourpop lip products; the bullets are stamped with stars and the tapered shape makes it easy to get a good application without using a liner.
- The Matte shades seem to be more long-lasting, but by no means transfer-proof. They *feel* the same as the creamy shades on the lips; there’s a slight slip that makes them comfortable to wear. They are not flat matte, but closer to a satin matte finish.
- The Cream shades are very soft and have almost a hybrid gloss-like feel. They pick up shine, especially in photographs, but give a very healthy look to the lips. These have a slip to them that makes me think they could be messy if trying to eat or drink.
- All of the colors are true-to-swatch and true-to-tube because of the formula’s high opacity.
- There’s not too much of a difference between the Matte and Cream formulas, so if you like a shade, don’t worry about the formula too much as a factor in decision-making.
Get a Room Crème Lux – Bright Orange Red
Check, Please Matte Lux – Bright Yellow-Orange
Trapeze Matte Lux – Vibrant Red Orange
This color is almost indistinguishable from Get a Room.
Getty Crème Lux – Deepened Teal
Trill Seeker Matte Lux- True Periwinkle
LA Lady Crème Lux – Rosy Terracotta
This is almost a perfect dupe for KVD Lolita, and less than half the price.
I forgot to take a picture in this shade… so enjoy this much more beautiful pic from Colourpop itself!
So what are your thoughts on these shades? I’m really happy with all of the shades I picked out, especially the unconventional colors.
Do you notice much of a difference between formulas?
P.S. If you aren’t already following me on Instagram, please do! I like to poll my followers to find out what content you’d like to see next. I think Instagram is just the easiest platform to get feedback on. Regardless, I love hearing the comments you have to offer on my blog posts, so let me know your thoughts below!
Genesis 50:20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.
Thank you for taking the time to hear what I have to say. I hope you’ve found something helpful, or at the very least interesting. You can keep up with my beauty adventures by following me on Instagram @offbeatvenusian. I also share my favorite photo memories from travel and life on my photo diary Instagram account @offbeatandaway. Instagram isn’t your vibe? I’m on Facebook, too. If you have any questions or comments, I always love hearing what you have to say. You can comment below or you can contact me here.
*Disclaimer: Links may be affiliate codes, meaning I will receive a small compensation for any purchase you make using my link. This never influences my opinion and I do so in order to support my ability to share content with you! A lot of the links offer you a discount or special gift.