I have a love-hate relationship with Spring. The colors, the greenery, and the molting of the winter air make me feel like a brand new person. One of my favorite palettes is a pastel dream — the Lorac I Love Brunch Pro Palette. I thought I’d try to create a look that’s a little more intricate using pastels, just in time for Easter.
I love how this look turned out. I tried to create a subtle halo/spotlight effect on my eyes, so I brought in my NYX Eyeshadow Base in White to really make the pastel shades pop. The tackiness of the base as well as the stark white color allow for the pigments to really cling to the lid, making the pastel shades show true to color. The rest of the face was just pastel iterations of pink, mostly cool-toned.
How to Get the Eye Look
- Apply NYX white base all over lid
- Apply “Sorbet” all over the crease with a fluffy brush — this is your transition shade.
- Start building the purple shade (“Lavender”) up on the outer and inner corners; don’t be afraid to really pack this on. After depositing the color, start to blend the outer and inner corners together in the crease.
- Using a small blending brush, use “Blueberry Scone” to add dimension in the outer- and innermost corners. Blend into Lavender and continue building and blending these two colors to your desire.
- “Cut” the crease: using the NYX white base and a concealer brush, create a half-moon shape in the center of the eye.
- Apply Bobbi Brown Sparkle Cream Shadow in Opal on top of the white base.
- Set the cream shadow using “Gluten Free”
- Blend “Gluten Free” into “Lavender” using “Smoothie”
- Apply “Gluten Free” to the inner corner
- Apply “Lavender” to the lower lashline, blending into the outer corner of the top lid.
- Blend out the edges of both the upper and lower lashlines using the transition shade, “Sorbet” to tie the look together.
- Apply liner and lashes however desired
The rest of the face is pretty simple. Here’s a list of the products I used:
- Too Faced Peach Perfect Foundation
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in Light
- CoverFX Perfect Setting Powder
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer
- Benefit Ka Brow! 04
- Smashbox Blush Rush in Heartbreak
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Adored
- Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Liquified Lipstick in Éclair
What do you think of this look? Would you wear it out to Easter brunch as is, or would you change up the rest of the face? I’m not sure I would wear the colors in this intensity, but I would definitely wear a wash of the purple and blue shades on my lids.
I hope you have a blessed Easter Sunday if you celebrate! It’s a beautiful reminder of God’s grace and the love He has for each and every one of us.
*Disclaimer: Advertisements and links may be affiliate links, meaning I will receive a small commission should you use my link to make a purchase.
Matthew 28: 18-20 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Thank you for taking the time to hear what I have to say. I hope you’ve found something helpful, or at the very least interesting. You can keep up with my beauty adventures by following me on Instagram @offbeatvenusian. Instagram isn’t your vibe? I’m on Facebook, too. If you have any questions or comments, I always love hearing what you have to say. You can comment below or you can contact me here.