WHAT IS AN ‘OFFBEAT VENUSIAN?’
The offbeat Venusian is a mystical, enchanting, and unearthly being. Her dreamlike beauty allures even the most worldly folks; it is a beauty that comes from the depths of her own peculiar self, unattainable by all and desired by many. Within each of us is an offbeat Venusian. The strength of her individualism surprises us, but when we realize that “she” is “me,” a lovely little sense of empowerment seeps into every aspect of our lives. A true Venusian is offbeat– she is no one’s but her own.
This blog is my desire to share the strength I have discovered in myself by allowing the offbeat Venusian to take the wheel. Allowing myself to express who I am through my own style, adventures, and desires has proven to me that beauty is a reflection of what is both internal and eternal. It’s confidence and ownership of identity.
I hope that by dabbling in what intrigues you, you can begin to uncover the offbeat Venusian that resides in your heart. I want to connect with you by writing about my favorite beauty products, adventures to interesting places, and how these may fit in with my lifestyle. As a twenty-something seeking a career in the male-dominated field of finance, I am no stranger to how challenging life may seem. Encountering roadblocks and discouragement is an expected part of moving forward, and I have found that remaining in touch with my own beautiful nature provides me with the strength to overcome. It is not an escape, but a perspective.
Thank you for taking a moment to read about my hopes for this blog.
WHO AM I?
My name is Kibibi Thorsen, and I am a twenty-two year old making the transition from college to full-blown adulthood. I’ve always been a little peculiar, but I’ve found that what makes me alien has allowed me to tackle life’s challenges with a profound perspective. I want to introduce myself as best as I can on digital paper, so hopefully these little bits can help you get to know me.
- Are you named after anyone? A cat. Anyone interested in the story?
- When was the last time you cried? Saying goodbye to friends after college graduation.
- Do you have kids? HAHA nope.
- If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself? I don’t know if I would have the patience to deal with my introverted self.
- Do you use sarcasm a lot? Yeah, but not enough to be snarky or witty.
- What’s the first thing you notice about people? Whether they are genuine or not
- What is your eye color? Brown
- Scary movie or happy endings? HAPPY endings. Not a fan of horror.
- Favorite smells? Cinnamon, vanilla, chocolate, almonds… basically anything warm and sweet
- What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home? I studied away in Brussels for a semester.
- Do you have any special talents? I’m an incredibly patient shopper, and I always get clothes, shoes, makeup, etc. for the best possible deal.
- Where were you born? New York, NY
- What are your hobbies? Food, working, Netflix-/Hulu-ing, beauty, reading, and travel
- Do you have any pets? I have 2 dogs– a chocolate Lab and a Malti-zhu
- Do you have any siblings? I have a younger brother, an older half-brother, and an older half-sister.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to go into the field of finance, but we’ll see if that leads me to investment banking or a sweet consulting gig.
- Who was your first best friend? I grew up next door to my best friend, Stephanie, who I still see every year and love to spend time with.
- How tall are you? 5’7.5″
- How many countries have you visited? Somewhere around 20
- What was your favorite/worst subject in High School? Favorite was definitely English, and my worst was Chemistry by far.
- What is your Favorite drink? Animal? Perfume? Drink: matcha latte, Animal: dog, Perfume: I am very sensitive to fragrance, but occasionally I will sport some original Juicy.
- What Sports do you play/Have you played? I played softball competitively until college, but I also played basketball for a few years.
- How would you describe your fashion sense? All over the place, but definitely minimalist with a twist.
- What phone do you have? (iOS v Android?) iOS. Android may be more productive, but I’ve been indoctrinated by Apple.
- Tell us one of your bad habits! I overeat a lot, but it’s always worth it if the food is good.
I always love to hear your thoughts and suggestions. Comment below, explore my Instagram, or send me an email. Do you have any products you think I’d like or destinations you love? Share the knowledge.
xoxo The Offbeat Venusian
Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”